Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Los Banos and Surrounding areas home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Los Banos and Surrounding areas“. The great thing is that Tom and Nancy Buy Houses are able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Los Banos and Surrounding areas California right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. You are changing your life style when moving, you are changing your life style to help a sick relative or you are changing your life style due to a job relocation. Tom and Nancy Buy Houses are very aware of the changes that you have to go through to succeed in any situation.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Los Banos and Surrounding areas, things can change in the blink of an eye. Tom and Nancy Buy Houses heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Los Banos and Surrounding areas California house fast?
Help I’m Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Los Banos and Surrounding areas… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Los Banos and Surrounding areas California agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
Help I’m Relocating and need to sell my house–how do I go about this:
3 POWER TIPS TO SELL FAST 🚀
- Sell “As Is” for Cash: Cash buyers provide certainty and close fast. 31.2% of Americans sold their homes for cash in December 2022, compared to 25.3% in all of 2020. This number is expected to rise in 2023 as financing becomes more expensive.
- List on MLS to Get Top Dollar & Sell Fast: MLS provides you max exposure to help you sell to cash buyers. More exposure = more competition and multiple offers, if you price your home right. Hire a real estate agent and wait until someone buys your house or Call upon Tom and Nancy Buy Houses this is typically the fastest way to sell your home. – typically within 24 hours.
- iBuyers are Not a Viable Option in 2023 for Most Sellers: iBuyers have either shut down or have suffered massive losses. Our analysis suggests that iBuyers will offer much less than Fair Market Value (FMV) for your home in 2023 and 2024.
5 Options to Sell Your Home Fast in California
Option 1: List on MLS
Listing on the MLS can get you top dollar for your property. All cash home buyers use the MLS to research and buy properties. This includes iBuyers like Opendoor and major franchises like We Buy Houses for Cash.
A Flat Fee MLS California listing service typically costs about $399, and your listing will be live on the MLS in 24 to 48 hours. You will be ready to accept offers from cash buyers, iBuyers, and retail individuals alike.
Tom and Nancy Buy Houses strongly recommend listing with a Flat Fee Listing service to sell your house fast for top dollar if you are going the MLS route.
Option 2: Sell to an iBuyer
iBuyers, or instant buyers, are companies that make cash offers on your property within 24 to 48 hours. If you accept an iBuyer’s cash offer, you can close on your home in as little as 7 days. Tom and Nancy Buy Houses will help you we have several options to help you. You choose the option that best describes your situation. We offer a no obligation quote. You decide!!
iBuyers are known for offering up to 90% to 95% of a home’s fair market value (FMV). Unfortunately, they can only do so when home prices are going up. In a down market, iBuyers will likely only offer up to 70% of the home’s FMV.
In todays economy this is why an iBuyer drawbacks outweigh its pros. Here’s why selling to an iBuyer does not work in your favor:
- Limited Coverage: Most iBuyer’s services are restricted to metro and urban areas.
- Strict Eligibility Criteria: It does not buy your house if it does not meet the iBuyer’s eligibility criteria.
- Non-Negotiable Offer: iBuyer’s offer is a take-it-or-leave-it offer, which leaves you no room for negotiation.
- Service Fees: Although you skip paying the agent commission, you pay service fees of 5% to the iBuyer.
- Additional Costs: Most sellers end up paying 2% to 8% in repair costs, which brings down your net proceeds significantly.
Option 3: Sell to a “We Buy Houses for Cash” Company
“We Buy Homes for Cash” companies help you sell your house as is in California. They give you instant cash offers and typically close within 10 to 15 days. Reputable cash home buyers are available nationwide.
However, real estate cash buyers in California are not the best option if you’re looking to make any profit. “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies make lowball offers, about 30% to 70% of market value. Further, their offers are non-negotiable. Tom and Nancy Buy Houses is a little different than most. Tom and Nancy Buy Houses will make you several options that you will choose the one that you want. Decide you don’t want any options that we show you then you just go your way and we don’t harrass you at all.
Here’s how to sell a house quickly with a cash home buyer:
You can find local cash buyers or investors who give cash for homes online or by word of mouth. Once you tell them your location and a few details, the cash buyer makes an initial offer.
You can either accept or reject this offer. If you accept it, you can sell your home quickly in about 2 weeks. Just be aware of lowball cash buyers.
Option 4: List With a Top Realtor
Realtors in California have the expertise to help you sell your property fast and within a set timeline. Most of the work is handled by the agent, which involves getting professional photographs, conducting showings and an open house, and completing the paperwork until closing.
But the downsides of working with a realtor are just as huge. Here’s why –
- Agent Commission: You pay an average real estate commission of 5% to 7%.
- No Tech Support: Traditional agents are typically low on tech. This means manual, tedious, and repetitive paperwork.
- Inconsistent Services: Agents tend to handle multiple clients at a time. If they do not prioritize your transaction, you can end up with bad service.
However, you can avoid paying a 6% commission by hiring a California discount broker. They charge low commissions or a flat rate.
What should you look for in an agent when selling your house quickly?
You must conduct thorough research before you hire any real estate agent. Here’s what you should look for:
- Experience in Real Estate: Find out how many years the agent has been active in the real estate field. Further, check what types of properties the agent has expertise in selling.
- Client Reviews: Find online reviews of the agent from multiple sources. These include the agent’s website, Google reviews, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.
- Local Expertise: Check if the agent is specialized in the market trends of your locality. It is crucial, as local experts know how to price your home right.
- Low Days on Market: Find out how many days the agent takes after listing to find a buyer. The lower, the better!
Option 5: Sell For Sale By Owner
Most of the FSBO home sellers closed on their homes within two weeks. This was because the homes were sold to someone the seller knew.
Likewise, FSBO Websites in California let you list your property for free without paying any commission. Open to other ideas and not hassle with for sale by owners then you can call on Tom and Nancy Buy Houses and talk to us or call us at 559-715-1651.
A major drawback of selling with no MLS or tech support is that you may not be able to sell your home quickly. Here’s why –
- Zero MLS Exposure: This lowers the possibility of receiving offers from online buyers, cash home buyers, and investors.
- No Pricing Assistance: You may over-price or underprice your home without any guidance.
- Very Limited Marketing: You rely on word of mouth or FSBO yard signs to market your home.
- No Paperwork Assistance: you research and procure all the housing paperwork and California real estate disclosure by yourself.
- No Negotiation Assistance: Your lack of experience in negotiating can be used against you.
Take Charge of Your Home Sale Today
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price with a real estate agent and wait it out. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Tom and Nancy Buy Houses And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Los Banos and Surrounding areas?
Tom and Nancy Buy houses are investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Los Banos and Surrounding areas home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Los Banos and Surrounding areas community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Los Banos and Surrounding areas real estate, so please feel free to call us at 559-715-1651.and chat with us anytime.